Thursday, August 23, 2012

Clouds…..

 

cloudskaraziclouds 052

I love taking pictures of the sky. My kids give me such grief and make fun, but I just love clouds & storms (usually…..living here we often pray for rain in this desert nation, but now the rains have proved a bit too much!). Today, the sky is quite expressive. Hmmmm,  is that possible? I started to walk around and take different shots.  You would never think these shots were taken in a short 10 minute walk around the yard. Beautiful fluffy cumulous clouds out my back door and then murky dusty clouds as I rounded the corner of the house. Storm clouds out the front and even a cloud with a silver lining.  It even sprinkled in the front yard but not the back…is the sky a bit confused?? I know I am!

I started to think that this is really how I am feeling. All over the map, emotionally. Such devastation as the Niger River has broken it’s banks destroying homes, livelihoods and leaving Sahel Academy under water. The kids had started their last semester here with such joy and expectation and now are feeling a bit glum and uncertain about the future. My heart is heavy for the people who have lost so much. I struggle to keep perspective and not focus on my self. But these clouds are “telling”…one minute I feel like I have some good perspective (a patch of blue), I might see the silver lining but then I feel heavy, sad, uncertain, confused, upset and FULL of “rain”. I had not cried yet…well until I was in the shower a few moments ago, thinking….and as it started to pour outside,  I was able to let the tears loose. My head is spinning a bit trying to may sense of it all, I am pretty sure I will not figure it all out today though (ha ha). One day at a time and the journey/adventure continues….

I pray for restoration, good solutions and hope to shine bright. I am so thankful that God is much bigger than the weather and our current worries. The theme for school this year is “We Shine for Him”.  I know that is why I am here as well, to bring glory to God.  I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities….no matter how the sky looks! I do prefer the fluffy white clouds in a blue sky though….

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I understand the all "over the map emotionally" statement! Read this in 1 Peter 2:6 today and it encouraged me:
    "See, I lay a stone in Zion,
    a chosen and precious cornerstone,
    and the one who trusts in him
    will never be put to shame.”[b]

    ReplyDelete