Saturday, March 2, 2013

Finger Licking Good

There are so many choices when going “out to eat” here in Davao. This list is long and this well not include them all…… fast food chains (yes KFC is one), nice gourmet restaurants, Italian, Australian steakhouses, Swiss delis, French bakeries,  Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Pancake Houses, Spanish as well as many Filipino family style places. There is even a restaurant chain exclusively built around Ramen!!

chicken feet 011

Last night, we decided to take the kids to the DimSum Diner.

chicken feet 002

 

This was their first dimsum.  The kids are pretty good sports when trying new foods This is the proof…….CHICKEN FEET.

chicken feet 004  chicken feet 006

chicken feet 005 chicken feet 009

chicken feet 007 chicken feet 008

They all said that the chicken feet did not taste like really anything…just the sauce. They said that they felt sort of gross in t heir mouths……gelatinous.sticky.fatty. L wanted me to mention that the toenails had been pulled! Thank goodness, right?

chicken feet 013

We decided to head to the mall in search of some ice-cream. Leron found some Japanese ice-cream called Mochi ice cream. They were interesting flavors like green tea, sesame, durian, coconut milk and orange cream, which was Leron’s choice. It was very frozen and wrapped in a rice dough.

chicken feet 014

The kids opted for Krispy Kreme. Those things are EVERYWHERE!! The have added all sorts of thongs  to the menu. Or maybe not, I can’t remember the last time I went to KK, probably 5 years ago? Becca’s donut was actually a Kit Kat bar with a cream donut wrapped around it!!

chicken feet 015

SO, we ended on a “sweet” note…but I just wanted to remind you, that when you come to visit, it will not be all Krispy Kreme and ice cream….Drew has something for you. Bwhahahahaha (that was for my Dad).

chicken feet 003

2 comments:

  1. Ewwwww to chicken feet! Have you been to the Ramen restaurant? I don't think I would be willing to pay to eat Ramen outside my house. I had a Burmese friend in college and she used to borrow my hot pot to make ramen. Before long my hot pot only smelled like ramen. I was not impressed...ramen flavoured hot chocolate somehow just doesn't hit the spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am not a big fan of Ramen either. The kids like it and there are sooooo many to choose from in the store, a whole aisle full! Yuck, Ramen flavored cocoa...

    ReplyDelete