Friday, September 6, 2013

My full Over stimulated brain

I just have so many things swirling in my head. Just all the things I see, things that frustrate, make me laugh, make me cry……a truck FULL of noodles, a tag on a garment reading “wash this when dirty” (ah yeah, thanks for that ground breaking guidance), U turn upon U Turns, flooded streets, shanties, beautiful cars/ homes, roadside fruit that looks like it could be used as a weapon (all spiky), international news that makes my heart break….Egypt, Syria….too many to mention, stories of answered prayer and incredible faith, and of course tons of trivial things like say billboards so bright they could blind you, pest extermination, that lil red puppy who is always up to something, communication woes, earthquakes (feeling the subtle swaying of the house), 7 speeding fire trucks, lightening and some of the most amazing clouds I have ever seen. I have just been doing a lot of pondering, when I see all of this. Some days I am so tired of just thinking….. of just seeing things that I can’t believe. This is such a place of highs and lows. Opulence and poverty. Thought maybe writing some down would clear my brain a bit.

Last night Leron and I sat out on our porch marveling at the amazing light show as we had one of the biggest storms since we arrived. We both love storms. I have always loved lightening and am always amazed by it. But as I sat there on my little covered porch enjoying the lil bit of rain mist on my face (it actually felt like we were on the Maid of the Most at Niagara) I could not help to think of the people who would not be enjoying this. Just a few miles away, there would be flooding and devastation. Up down Up down……good things, bad things, funny things, sad things…Now I am starting to sound like Dr Suess! I have been feeling a bit down as I hear of things going on in Niger. A few notes from precious friends….sharing hardship and trial as well as triumphs and joy. Might sound crazy to “miss” what is going on especially when it is hard things, but I do. I feel a bit helpless, wanting to help. I know I am exactly where I need to be but right now my heart is in Africa where a dear friend is getting married today. This transition in life continues….for all of us. I just want to make the most of it, finding the wonderful things, pondering, crying, sharing in the hard things. Life IS good and wonderful, just not easy. And easy is soooo relative. I am thankful for each new day and the breath in my lungs….what a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment