Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thursdays

It may seem odd, but my favorite day of the week is Thursday! I woke up early today and just knew it was going to be a fantastically full fun day and I was not disappointed! Since opening the hospital, Thursday has been my favorite day. I just love our charity clinics....tons of kids to meet and play with. I lavish the guests with plenty of bubbles and spend so much of the day smiling. 


Seems like every Thursday there is some sort of surprise. Today there were several! I wish I had pictures of EVERYTHING! 

My day started with a amazing time of worship, scripture and prayer. Our friends from Life Church led us in such a sweet time with Jesus. Immediately following our chapel time, I met the 5th grade class from Faith International Academy in the lobby. They came prepared to encourage and bless our patients.  They did an amazing job as they incorporated singing, guitar, violin, scripture, a story, homemade cards and gifts into their visit. We visited all of the kids who had procedures  this week.







After leaving the wards, we headed upstairs to the charity clinic.  The kids seemed to enjoy the hustle and bustle of a busy clinic. They were also excited to be invited to the Christmas Party being thrown 
by our own Doc Jun and his sweet wife, Pam. 




The party started with hand dipped Filipino ice cream......durian, ube and chocolate and cotton candy. It was a thrill to have the street vendors bring their bikes upstairs, Hee hee!






There were so many surprises for everyone. We have had a Jollibee party before but this one was even better......Twirly came along with Jollibee. You have to understand, these characters are pretty big. It is sorta like meeting Mickey Mouse.....so much better than Ronald McDonald! There was lots of singing and dancing. Oh the joy!





After Jollibee and Twirly were finished with their greetings, Clown Bern took over. He played lots of games and tied balloons for everyone. The kids were so cute and it was so high energy, loud and fun!





In the lobby, I saw the ice cream man getting off  the elevator with his "cart".  I asked him if I could take a spin and that is what I did! 





I always enjoy seeing our staff have such a wonderful time too. everyone enjoys a good Jollibee party and ice cream is the perfect mid day snack.

                                      



Those are some of my Thursday highlights(that I have photos of). The day still included seeing my buddy Ky, shopping with Cyra, Mars and Madel for some very special upgrades for the playroom and finally some wonderful flaming Baked Alaska with my sweetheart. Thursdays are truly something wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment