Friday, January 15, 2016

Balimbing

Oh, the fruit! I just love the fruit and what I love even more is the surprise of finding a new fruit. The Philippines is full of them. Check some of them out here. This past year was full of fruit gifts. I guess friends are starting to catch on, it must be my love language? They may be my favorite kind of gift. Mangosteen, pomelo, lanzones and the latest.....balimbing. 


  
 This is not the first time I have tasted this (It is also known as star fruit) BUT this is  the first time I have been given such pretty, yellow/orange ones.  The giver suggested sprinkling them with salt as he said it would bring out the flavor. I decided just to try them as they were......they had a very subtle taste, sort of pear like? L says it is not like anything he has tasted before. I guess they just taste like star fruit! They were very juicy and just oh so pretty. SO wonderful getting little surprises and trying new things.



No comments:

Post a Comment