Monday, February 22, 2016

Today, there is one more McDonald's in the world


Living in a different culture, it is so nice to have familiar things. Funny, but as my Mom and I talked today she was asking if we even liked to eat at McDonald's. While visiting or living in the US, we really did not go much. But to have it here in the Philippines, it is a taste of home. The menu is slightly different but my favorite Cheeseburger tastes so good here.


So today, my walking buddy, Marlene, and I decided to attend the Grand Opening ! Grand Openings are a big affair here, loud, lots of people and giveaways. Many other businesses will send flowers with their well wishes.



With our ticket we got a free umbrella and the McDo chicken meal.....fried chicken and rice. Yep, they serve rice as an option here and you can even get spaghetti! YES, you can still get yummy fries here too, I am certain they sprinkle them with magic powder that makes them oh, so good. Sooooo we stood in line, listened to the Minion band (yep, the same one that was at the Happy Walk on Sunday). and smiled and greeted all of our McDo lovin friends.






So there you have it. A McDonald's is born. Buhangin....Davao City, Philippines. It is something quite wonderful to start the day with such joy, friends and festivities. I just wish it was not so close to our house....UGH! 



No comments:

Post a Comment