Saturday, September 8, 2018

Numbers

I am not sure if everyone is like this, but I seem to count everything. Stairs, M & Ms, birds, dogs, oh my, I will not list it all. The other days as I walked around the track at the YMCA being sure to count the laps I completed, I counted 13 frisbees and 1 hula hoop on the roof of the pavilion. It was a sweet remembrance of the fun all 3 of my kids have had the privilege to be counselors ( I even counted and knew the ratios of kids to counselors and boys to girls) there for summer camp. Yes, all 3 kids and I count how many days until I will see them, how many weeks since I dropped them off to university, how old they have gotten and so on. It has only been 4 months since  counting how many kids came through the Tebow CURE Hospital's charity clinics or mobile clinics. Boy, do I miss that. When we were in Niger, I counted giraffes, camels, hippos, sheep flayed and roasting along the road, chickens tied to motor cycle handle bars or the items on top of bush taxis. Why do I count everything? Really...56 geese in the field at the YMCA, 4 deer and 1 snake on my 4 mile walk the other day. I am not even sure what the point of this post is? Maybe I am just looking to see if anyone out there does this? Since returning to the states, I have had a lot of time to think, rest, and count. OK, here is something amazing and weird. The tomato horn worm covered in wasp eggs (here is an article if you want to know how these eggs will kill this harmful garden pest). Now, I did NOT try to count those eggs. Just adding this for the WOW factor. 




Ha ha ha. I am looking forward to heading to Benezette and counting elk soon. I will be sure to let you know. All of these things that I count are both interesting and happy things to me.  A part of life. And life is a wonderful thing. So I will count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment