Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baking (in 100 degree weather) 4 my kids

I know, I may be crazy to fire up the oven in the middle of hot season!

Ben_with__pop

But a certain boy that I love very much turned 13 today. Oh, the things we do for LOVE!The request??  Killer cookie! Here is a picture from last year…..

Ben's12&Hippos 015

This was one of my favs when Leron and I were dating….we would get it at Guliffty’s in New Cumberland, PA….perfect for 2! We introduced the kids to this yummy dessert early and it stuck as a fav for them too! Traditionally, I make this in my deep dish pizza stone, but today we were sharing it with 7 other boys, so I modified and made it on the jelly roll pan……thanks to Auntie Mo, we had chocolate chips and the rest of the ingredients I found right here in Niamey…..flour, brown sugar, butter, salt, baking powder, eggs for the cookie, bananas from the vendor, whipped cream, chocolate syrup (oh yeah, in my stash from Hershey) and then I actually bought ice cream….a bit of a splurge (12 bucks for 2L)! Put is all together and yum!!!! A birthday success!

thanksgivingweek2011 002

Love you so much Benjamin David Lehman….you are incredible and I am so delighted to see the man you are becoming! But sorry…..you will always be my lil Benny boy…. always making me laugh with your sparky personality & contagious smile. So thankful for you. Oh, the things you will experience in the next 13 years!

Ben - 5-7-03         

I have too many silly pics of you hamming it up that I could not pick and since you are now 13, I thought I could show you that I do not want to embarrass you on purpose…….but here are a  few that I know you approve of:

P8120034          Photos 513

  P8170057 Photos 105

No comments:

Post a Comment