Monday, May 7, 2012

Hippos in the Morning

ben13hippomorn 008

HIPPO SIGHTING FIRST THING THIS MORNING!  Love the fact that on my daily drive to school, I can see hippos from the bridge( used to be deer or maybe the occasional fox)! I have always loved spotting wildlife wherever I am. Since my walking partner has been out of town, I have not taken my normal route over the bridges. Above is the view, to the left are the rocks that often “fool” me, but the spot to the left…..2 hippos! Below are close ups…..left rocks (complete with birds), right hippos……

ben13hippomorn 005       ben13hippomorn 003

Today, I walked/ran at the school campus and on my way home the hippos were still there. I could not stop on the bridge, so I went across turned around and went back to park so that I could run over the bridge and capture the morning hippos.  

ben13hippomorn 011

A bunch of young men walking by stopped to ask me what I was doing and paused for a f w minutes to gaze with me. Usually you have to go further up river to see the hippos, but it seems that each hot season there are a few that migrate down stream. Spotting a hippo from my car is pretty exciting and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment