Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Garden Oasis

flowers 004

Well, I think rainy season is officially over. It is funny, I was talking to a woman at the grocery store the other night, she was thrilled that rainy season was at it’s end. I LOVE the rain and well, our compound is so gorgeous right now. Living in  the Sahel, I love to see the different plants and flowers. I appreciate the beauty that is ALL around me. God knows that I get energized and find such peace, happiness & contentment through nature!

gardenoasis 001      gardenoasis 007

gardenoasis 005

Right now, our compound is green ,lush and bursting with color. Ferdinand worked so hard this summer to plant and replant. He amazes me. Entering our compound every day brings instant refreshment. I do not have a picture that does it justice, but when I drive into the compound, it is shady, green and a host of my favorite red flowers greet me. I have included a bunch of pictures of all the different plants and a few creepy crawlies that have graced our yard this past year….. This vibrant abundant life is truly a wonderful thing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful photos Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully beautiful! It has always been a joy to enter your garden after the crowded dusty ride home from the hospital.Can't wait! Love the cute creatures in your swimming pool!

    ReplyDelete