Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Walking!

IMG_0002

The other day I was caught off guard when a patient that I have never seen walking walked up and looked me in the eye. Moutella (sp?) had returned for PT. As long as I have known him, he has had BOTH legs casted.

  ranom-Massa making 023 

April2012Camp 014

ranom-Massa making 065

He has a beautiful smile (although, like most Nigeriens you must remind him to smile for the photo) but the best thing about him is his laugh…..wish I had a recording. It is music to my ears.

I love seeing these miracles walking around….three more…Yazid, Rahillah and Ishmeal…they all left today, CAST FREE, I even saw Rahillah put shoes on  the other other day….she looked at me with questioning eyes as if to see if she was putting her flip flops on correctly. Sorry for the lack of pics of non casted friends, I did not have a working camera for about a month. Finally have a replacement!

mural 017 paintingcasts 014

The will return in January for appointments, but they are well on their way to walking!!! Yay! Sometimes it is bittersweet…to see my friends go, but it is all part of the healing process and it is quite amazingly wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful! Love these dear kiddies who are so brave and determined to walk and live a joyful life. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete