Sunday, January 6, 2013

For ALL of your Cock-Fighting Needs

What??? Yep, you did not misread…I said Cock Fighting. Many of you know that we recently relocated from Niamey, Niger to Davao City, Philippines. People have asked about the differences. Very hard to sum it up, I will write about things as they strike me. So today, when we were out & about we kept seeing these little supplies stands……

Globetrottters PI 1st 052

Upon closer inspection, we noticed they were selling feed & various supplies, everything you need to raise a nice strong fighting cock….”chick booster”. They even sold the leashes that they attach to the ankle. So well, that’s new and different! I have to admit I am intrigued.   I have to admit, I prefer trips to spot giraffes & hippos. I miss Niger but think it is truly wonderful exploring a new culture & trying new things. Not sure I even want to go to an actual fight and I am pretty sure you will not be reading a post where we have adopted any sort of fowl, but hey, ya never know? I have learned not to say that I will “never” do anything….but this is really a long long long long shot, don’t think I could watch or even be a part of that.

Globetrottters PI 1st 053

1 comment:

  1. Chris! Welcome to the Philippines!!! I've been praying for your family in this transition. I will continue to do so as you settle in, set up house, the kids start school, and you learn about your new home and culture. I loved the fact that I could speak English in the Philippines.... oh, and we loved the halo halo.... have you tried it yet??? The kind that's sold on the side of the road, not at the fast food chains! Enjoy!!
    Love to you,
    ALissa

    ReplyDelete