Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cold Feet

Right now, I am desperately trying to get my feet warm. This has not been much of a problem for the past three years! Actually at first, it was strange to wear anything but flip flops on my feet. Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled for cold temps and SNOW!  I am thrilled that the kids had a good romp in the nearly 9 inches of snow. In less than two days, we will journey to yet another culture to plant ourselves for the next three years. Strange to think that this may be the last snow the kids play in during their adolescence lives. Not quite sure that it has hit any of us yet, what life in the Philippines bring? Niger was rich in experiences & lovely friends. I am sure our next adventure will not disappoint. So weird that the next plane we board will be going the opposite direction than usual. Even harder for me to believe, we will be boarding  that plane on Saturday…yes, THIS Saturday! Transitioning, our family has anything but “cold feet”. Of course, we know it will not be easy and we do have things we are unsure of, but  we are expectant, excited and ready to plunge into the unknown once again. As I ponder this transition, I think that my latest picture downloads from my camera speak for themselves (they are very random and it is hard that they all took place in the past two weeks)…..African friends, CURE soccer, funny things to see, camel crossings, goodbyes & then hellos…and of course, back to my cold feet….SNOW. So for the time being, I have traded sand in my shoes for snow. I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz….Toto, we are not in Africa anymore…. truly a world’s apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment