Friday, August 26, 2011

Crepes with girlfriends

Last night I joined some friends for a dessert. Our original plan was to visit my favorite restaurant, La Table de Vivanda,  but that plan changed because it was closed. So, we decided to go to La Pilier, which is owned and operated by an Italian man. I had my mouth set for a banana split. Anne and I walked and were soon met by the rest of the gals. We decided to eat in the dining room as it is quite pretty but most of all AIR CONDITIONED. So, Anne tells the waiter that we would like the dessert menu and that's when it got interesting. Another waiter came over and explained to us that if we were only going to eat dessert, we would have to have move to the terrace, which is NOT AIR CONDITIONED. Climate aside, this was absolutely absurd as there were only 2 other people in  the entire dining room! We tried to encourage them to let us eat in the cool, but there was not reasoning with them. A rule is a rule and a policy is apparently a policy.....we left never to return again (so some said, but I do love their homemade ravioli ;)). So now what? Niamey has some nice little spots to eat....Indian, Chinese, Lebanese and a few French places. Still we are somewhat limited, I am not complaining....I love the places we DO have, but we are limited. Third time is a charm. We chose to go to Paris a Niamey. Well, we got there and it was pretty deserted. The proprietor came out of his house quickly. He is a charming young french man, who is quite a talker, who lives in the house connected to the restaurant. I have to explain, this is "open air" it is like a glorified tent that does has an A/C and some fans but it is a tent. Anyway, we asked what he had as far a desserts and he started rattling off all the types of crepes. Sooo, crepes it was! No ice cream or other choices. So we settled into a a couple of fairly comfy couches and resumed our conversations and best of all our laughter!! I so love to laugh and this was perfect: laughing and eating sweet crepes with girl friends. Anne and I chose to have our crepes filled with banana and chocolate, so yummy...some of the others had pineapple and honey. I was delighted with our final choice as it worked out very nicely and was quite relaxing. The atmosphere was not the most important part. I was reminded how wonderful it is to laugh with friends and the crepes were a definite bonus! Thank you for a wonderful night out! Wonder where the wind will blow us the next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment