Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Favorite Things

One of my favorite things about break from school is hanging out with my kids. I love not having a schedule and just flying by the seat of my pants! So, it was my delight today to be able to hang out with my kids and do another favorite thing, visit  the hospital and do rounds with Josh & Hassane!
           kidsbreal 007      kidsbreal 009   
CURE’s employees are always asking about the kids. Part of this is the standard greeting when people ask others  about their family, health, work, fatigue and even how they are liking the weather. I know that is sort of a standard formality here, but it is nice that my kids are able to come to the hospital. The are warmly received by employees and patients alike. Becca usually brings her unicycle which is a crowd pleaser....and she actually has flat concrete to ride on! Today she blew balloons and tied animals. Ben brought a ball to kick around. Drew joined us for rounds....visiting & praying. It is so good for him to be stretched. It was hard visiting with a young lady who was scheduled for an amputation (This was not a one of our regular cases, it was handled by a visiting doc). She was is so much pain that she was moaning and yelling out most of the time we prayed. Her foot was large so large. Probably a cancerous tumor? No time for a biopsy, really no time to wait for the results. Her father said just to go ahead and amputate. So sad to see. But this is the life of some here. I pray that our visit brought some peace and hope to her!
         kidsbreal 011        kidsbreal 013
 Bubbles are always a favorite. Soufain and Razak are always wanting to blow them. At one point there were a bunch of kids in Leron’s office. Check out his view….Soufian usually visits regularly, but today there were some new faces.
kidsbreal 017
 We will spend more time there in the coming weeks, and plan to make a Christmas Day visit. The guards will be on duty, so Becca and I plan to make some sort of cake to take along. Yacouba, a very happy and spirited guard, asked if there would be dancing? Could be interesting! This is EXACTLY why we moved here. I am so psyched that break is here and I get to enjoy some favs during this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment