Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Switchfoot

REALLY, I am not a "fan girl" but I sure love the band, Switchfoot. 



So when they sent two of their band members to the Tebow CURE Hospital last year, I was thrilled. Felt like dancing like this......


Our whole family has listened to Switchfoot's music for years. The group was founded in 1996, just before our first boy, Drew, was born!  He turned 20, just last week! We (probably D & I get most excited) love when they announce a new release and can't wait to hear. It is not just the music that we are drawn to, it is the authenticity of their message. They are able to get us thinking. "Dare You to Move", "Meant to Live", "Stars" and "Float" are among my favorites. I never in a million years thought that I would ever meet them ALL. Well, just yesterday, they traveled down to Davao City after their concert in Manila. Only thing missing? Drew!



They came specifically to meet some children and see what Cure International does here in the Philippines. What an amazing day. It was like hanging out with dear old friends.  






I celebrated a birthday almost two weeks ago. Birthdays encourage me to reflect on the past and get me thinking about what is coming. Many of Switchfoot's songs get me thinking and have postured me to get where I am today. My future is so bright and it is wonderful. I am thankful for thoughtful music that inspires me to do great things. What an exciting event to have two of my favorites collide...Switchfoot & CURE.  So thrilled to have them learning about our mission and wanting to partner with us! Seeing them touched by our patient's stories, meeting our staff, playing & praying with kids really touched me. So many wonderful things....partnership, CURE International, Switchfoot & like minded/ hearted friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment