Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wonder Woman has a backache

Image result for wonder woman cleaning

Man, yesterday I felt like Wonder Woman. I whipped through all my house cleaning and managed to even launder the curtains, sheets, rugs and complete the ironing.  Quite a productive day, complete with a very yummy healthy meal! But maybe, I did too much? When I recount the day, I probably should have paced myself. Lots of extra scrubbing, mopping and deep cleaning. After my shower, I was still trying to cool down, I discovered that our air conditioner was dripping. Saved that for L. 

Related image


L needed my help to address the drip in the AC unit. This meant taking it out of the wall which was over our heads. WOW, that bugger is heavy and I had already put in a grueling day of physical labor. I felt like Wonder Woman earlier in the day but in the evening I was tired and did not feel very wonderful anymore. BUT, I am still quite the baby and have not acclimated to the hot humid weather. So, I mustered my strength and found myself pinned against the wall on the AC's decent. It's ok. It's all good. Apparently L did that on purpose because he thought I might drop it. So even he was questioning my super human strength and definitely my wonderfulness. 

Image result for sludge monster


We safely get the unit to the floor and ICK, SLUDGE!! Problem located! We cleared the way so that the condensation could exit the unit through the proper hole, but that meant that the water that was currently in the tray now had a place to go....all over the floor. Yes, my clean floor...then if that was not bad enough, I was expected to help hoist the unit back to it's resting place. Another chance to flex my muscles?  Ugh.

Image result for clawfoot bathtub

I had a flashback to when L and I were first married and found a cool claw foot bath tub on the porch of an old farmhouse with a "for sale" sign...YEAH, right!! You know how heavy those are?? But we really wanted it and the price could not be beat. Well, I was in my 20's then and yes, I managed to help lift it. Back to last night...I am not in my 20's anymore, but I did it! BUT the rest of the water...out the hole and on to me. ICK again. 


Image result for tiny brown frog


Now time to clean the mess up.  I had a small freak out when a tiny frog decided to come out from it's hiding place in the rim of the bucket. I can't have a frog loose in my bedroom...my knight in shining armor heard the ruckus and came and scooped him up. What a fiasco. 

Image result for knight in shining armor


My reflections lead me to feelings of thankfulness. For L, for a problem solved, a clean house, for muscles and even for the frog returned to it's rightful spot OUTSIDE. I am thankful a productive work day and thankful that today, Wonder Woman can nurse her sore body a bit. A different schedule with a chat home with Mom & Dad, a fun hospital visit and lunch with a dear friend. That is something quite wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment