Thursday, July 12, 2018

Blueberries, kitties & a goat named Mower


It has been over a month since moving from Davao City, Philippines (I think today was the first time that I heard a rooster crow since moving!!) to Indiana, Pennsylvania. I have had several questions about how we are settling in. Quite honestly, it is a slow process. I still feel like I am on summer break. Often my mind drifts to making mental lists of things that I need to buy and gather before "heading back". This time we are NOT "heading back". There are plenty of changes in our life but L is still here and has not journeyed ahead of me to resume oversight of the hospital. My heart is torn. I have always wanted to live closer to my parents but I have loved living abroad. I am missing so many things from daily life in the Philippines but I  love getting to do things in a small Pennsylvanian town. I am sure that there will be many posts about  repatriating to the USA after living abroad for 8.5 years. I am still processing and being patient. The bulk of what this all means has not even hit yet. I am still on summer vacation! 



So today, I am thankful for picking blueberries with my parents. I love them (both the parents and the berries). The farm we visited made the experience even sweeter with plenty of animals.  Weird ducks....


As well as some sweet little kittens..... 









and even a goat named MOWER!


No comments:

Post a Comment