Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Change

Delighted to spend a bit of time at CURE this morning. I just love all the little giggles and the way people's faces light up! Hama has been here about a month. I looked and found a picture of him from just one month ago. He has had his cleft surgery and looks very different. 

Patienthostel 034
Hama before his surgery
11-15-11 015
Hama just smiled and smiled...think there is even a little dimple on his cheek?
11-15-11 021
Legoes....
        
It is not just his face that has changed though…….today he was smiling SO SO SO much. When I met him last month, he was the one who was very stand offish and even threw toys at me. A bit of a corker! I do love a kid with spunk but today, he was kind and gentle and oh so smiley. I just love these kids! 

11-15-11 016
Yosef (formerly known as Soufian) blowing bubbles
11-15-11 020
Yosef enjoys entertaining his friends
   Another funny thing happened today…Soufian, whom I worked very hard to get his name right, asked me to call him Yosef. Well, come to find out…he is Soufian on paper but likes to be called Yosef. Boys will be boys. Just when I think I am getting used to all the different names, more change. It is good though. It keeps me on my toes. I love Yosef’s smile and love of life and he is my friend……he introduced me to a few more friends too….Chibou, Attah and Aboubacar. Being here and all the change that it brings is so worth it! People need to know that they are worth something, don't they? What a better reason to undergo   change to about everything I know as "normal"! Life has been significantly altered and for that I am thankful. What a great day!!!
11-15-11 017
Check out Chibou's eyes.....what handsome boys! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo montage! I feel like I am with you on your Bubbles and Blessings prayer rounds this morning. Yousef had me going on the Soufian name too :) As you say, boys will be boys!
    Missing you all and looking forward to the next visit in the new year after the wedding etc! Please give the children and nurses hugs from me and tell them I am praying for them daily! Thank you for all the good work you are doing for Christ's kingdom in Niger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it would be his given name.....You know how some kids do not like to go by the whole name? It just shows how comfortable with us....he considers us friends! Missed you too...little Harmani would not smile or even pop the bubbles...he had another procedure and was in the ward... I think he would rather be at the hostel!

    ReplyDelete