Friday, September 23, 2011

100 Years!

Today, my Grandma, Hazel Howarth, is celebrating her 100th Birthday!!!! What an incredible achievement. So many people ask me what I "miss" about not being in the states and this has to be the hardest thing for me....being away from family. I really wish I was there to eat some ice cream today. I had so many great visits with my Grandma this past summer. She is so sharp and always tells me such interesting things about the past. I love to visit with her. If I was there today, I would  kiss her incredibly soft skin and tell her how much I love her......she won't be reading this...although she has experienced sooo much change in her life...think about it, how much has changed in the past 100 years?? She does not use a computer...but she did tell me that her father BUILT his first car...AMAZING. So here's to 100 years, Grandma....Have a truly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment