Wednesday, September 14, 2011

slow days

 Today is a nice slow day! No "to do" lists, no laundry, well stocked kitchen, no where to be and so, I treated myself to a little extra sleep after the kids left.  So, now that we have our internet problem solved (for the time being) I checked my emails and caught up on some reading. Now to make some goodies. Drew requested some baked oatmeal with cranberries, my pleasure......mmmm, haven't had grandma's noodles for a bit and well, we have some baguette that needs to be transformed into croutons. I like cooking and baking when there is no rush, so I enjoyed creating some things to please my family.

I took a break when the oatmeal was baking to watch the birds on the terrace. I am so enjoying the flutter of activity and the little Finches who are loving the feeder that I hung. I think it is a family or maybe a few families.....lots of activity and I am loving just watching them. I took a break when the oatmeal was baking to watch the birds on the terrace. I am so enjoying the flutter of activity and the little Finches who are loving the feeder that I hung. I think it is a family or maybe a few families.....lots of activity and I am loving just watching them.

    Back to the kitchen.... clean up... then, I decided to spend a few minutes to chill out on the piano. Ahhh, It has been a while since I treated myself.  Feeling quite relaxed, I decided it was time to sweat a bit, so I worked out for about an hour. Sometimes I have to make myself exercise, but I really need it and it makes a big difference in how I feel. I could go on about how I would prefer to be running  down along the banks of the  the Yellow Breeches, all shady and cool, but I can just imagine it for the time being. A struggle....exercising when I am already so hot and not really interested in more heat. But, that is they way it is and worth it in  the long run. But, I cannot complain, there is beauty all around...birds on the terrace, beautiful flowers in bloom, fresh clean water and wonderful aromas from  the kitchen.  Just yesterday Drew and Becca spent time just looking at the water droplets that would form on these leaves. Wonder in the simple things.


 
So now I am finished and anxiously waiting for the kids to come home......my slow day is about to change pace a bit.  They are one of the BEST parts my day with all their stories and excitement and well, I just love being with them. They are truly wonderful.


 Thankful for so much....finches, oatmeal, blogging, great health, cold showers, family.... and a nice slow day! It was WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear the details of your day....can imagine it full of paradoxes...quiet and loud, lonely and overwhelming demands, abundance and starkness...you handle it all with grace! Love your heart and dear family!

    ReplyDelete