Friday, October 7, 2011

African Plumbers!!!

Well, I am feeling much better and had yet another wonderful morning with Mrs. Riggs and the K/1st class of Sahel Academy. When I returned home around lunchtime I noticed  a few things from the bedroom sitting out on the terrace.......DRYING.  Ferdinand greeted me and began to explain that there was a bit of a problem in my bathroom/bedroom. When he was on his tea break, a hose from the bathroom sink burst....bathroom flood as well as the bedroom that is attached to it. Oi Vay! My thoughts quickly turned to...."I just want to relax and now I have to call someone and not be free to move about my house because someone will be here...." That was not the case at all. Ferdinand had it all under control. He had notified Leron who told him, to secure a plumber and get things taken care of....everything was already FINISHED!!

In a place that efficiency is not notable, I have been very pleased by service we get to have things repaired. Not only was the hose quickly replaced (hopefully with one of a better quality than the last, that's a whole other problem...faulty weird ill fitting materials) but he also fixed 2 pipes under my kitchen sink that have been leaking for as long as I can remember. The leaks had become so significant that I had to place pretty good size containers in the cupboard to catch the water or after the dinner dishes would bring on flooding in the kitchen.

So I am quite pleased that for just 5000 CFA (about 10 USD) my plumbing woes are over for the moment. Now that is service!!! How wonderful! I am just so happy with the plumber we have dealt with lately...the other one did a beautiful job installing a new A/C split.....and that is also very wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that you got it fixed so quickly.
    Also, we like the oy vay!

    ReplyDelete