Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our Humble Home

Yesterday, I was on a field trip and got very sick. Not so wonderful.....but what is wonderful? My comfortable, clean home. 


Today, I am home resting in my very comfortable bed and I got thinking....I have so much! Here in Niger it is not uncommon for people to live with dirt floors, thatched houses....no screens, no electricity.....poor conditions, poor health. It is not even a comparison. I am so glad that I started blogging about what is wonderful, it is humbling though. Sometimes when I loose sight of the bigger picture I can tend to complain...my house is too small for a family of 5....my kitchen is cramped.....


or Iam uncomfortable and hot, then I see the reality that I have a roof over my head, I have an abundance of resources, we are healthy, usually....I even have A/C in all of the rooms of my home (well, not the kitchen...not gonna go there). I am thankful for a place to rest in comfort today but am reminded that it is not material things that bring me happiness. When we decided to come to Niger my greatest desire was to be a well watered garden in a desolate and dry place...... even the house that I am privileged to live in is a garden indeed. Such life and beauty here!

The joy of the Lord is my strength even when my body is so weak and weary. It is wonderful being stretched in life and seeing the bigger things.....right now, I choose to focus on my wonderful husband and 3 amazing kids and the joy we experience in our humble little home!
  
here is the "snow day" we had     
So, the bigger things...the WONDERFUL purpose for being here....being challenged and growing and loving the precious people of Niger.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment