Monday, October 17, 2011

birdbaths

Today, I had a treat. My day started like most, Nugget had left her calling card on the top step of the terrace. Like I have said before….she is lucky that she is still laying eggs! Since the kids are still on their “fall” (really the season does not ever REALLY change) break, Ben was here to clean up after his chicken. He likes to use lots of water to clean up the mess. His clean-up created a lovely treat for the birds of my yard.                                            finches 006

Puddles on the stone pathway were soon being used as birdbaths. One little male finch really got into it. I just sat and enjoyed their enjoyment.

                                              finches 017

You see, our home in PA had such a lovely yard and it was always teeming with beautiful birds. No matter the season (which I am missing leaves changing and soon snow,,,real changes), I could just get lost sitting and watching the birds…woodpeckers and humming birds are my favorite! Here in Niger I have enjoyed watching the finches and although it is not an English garden with a Koi pond…..puddles were just as relaxing to watch today.  

Photos 498

This got me thinking. I think in all my years, my body and mind have become accustomed to changes in season. I do miss that, but not to worry….I am right where I belong and today God knew I needed to watch the birds enjoying a change for them. Standing water is hard to come by in this dry place. SO, I think it is wonderful that the birds could have an unexpected surprise today….. very wonderful!

                                              finches 021

No comments:

Post a Comment