Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the sky


I was exercising yesterday and listening to the new "Afters" album ( purchased on I Tunes.... technology is amazing). I LOVE their song  Light Up the Sky. I love looking at the sky... the clouds in formation, the many hues of blue, black, pink, orange and brown.  I love the sky, the stars and just gazing. Just getting lost in it. Thought I would just share it with you. It is pure poetry...How wonderful that everyday the sun rises and sets.....God is so HUGE and yet knows us each so intimately!


                                                          Light Up the Sky

                                                    When I'm feeling all alone  
                                                    With so far to go  
                                                    The signs that know we're on this road  
                                                    Are guiding me home  
                                                    When the night is closing in 
                                                    Is falling on my skin
                                                    Oh God, will you come close

 
                                               You light, light, light up the sky  
                                               You light up the sky to show me that you are with me  
                                               And I, I, I can't deny
                                               No I can't deny that you and right here with me  
                                               You've opened my eyes  
                                               So I can see you ALL around me  
                                               You light, light, light up the sky
                                               You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
                                               

                                               When stars are hiding in the clouds  
                                                I don't feel them shining  
                                               When I can't see beyond my doubt  
                                               The silver lining  
                                               When I've almost reached the end
                                               Like a flood you're rushing in  
                                               Your love is rushing in 


 
                                               So I'll run straight to your arms  
                                              You're the bright and morning sun
                                              To show your love there's nothing you won't do

 

No comments:

Post a Comment